Saturday, March 19, 2011

Masculine: "Less Is More" Chgallenge Blogspot

I thought this would be a good card for my husband's 15 y.o. who recently upped his grades in an effort to be eligible to get his drivers permit.  It'll be fun when he's finally driving!

White cardstock, 5x5".  Arrows from Graphically Speaking cart cut from black Bazzill Basics cardstock at 4x1.5".  Scrap paper backing.

This week's theme for the LIM challenge was "Masculine."  I find it so hard not to ink the edges of my creations, striving for a true CAS card.  Sometimes the Spartan effect can be so powerful.  So I decided to draw a border with my fine black Sharpie.
 Well, wouldn't you know it.  On the back side of my ruler was some leftover black StazOn ink!  Aaarrgghhh!  So now my "clean" card has a black smudge on it.  I should have left it all alone.  I'm gonna come up with some cover-up, but I'm gonna let it percolate for a while.  Plus, I want my submission to follow the LIM challenge guidelines.
 I popped the arrows up on foam tape.
 I just scored the most fabulous deal.  I bought a brand new Graphically Speaking cart for just $17!  They may be retiring this one is my guess.  One of my fave places for supplies is Oh My Crafts!  I also scored the Stretch Your Imagination cart.  Two carts for around $36 total, including shipping.  Such a deal!  http://www.ohmycrafts.com/
 As you can see, I can't take credit for any originality on the card.  This is pretty much the very same cut out of the booklet.  I used my Gypsy for all cuts so the words would be embedded in the arrows.
 I found that I had lots of ideas for "gender neutral" cards, and this cart will be great for any card, any occasion.  I have some time to play so I'm gonna see what else I can come up with for this theme.  Stay Tuned.
Thanks for hopping over to my blog.

27 comments:

Kathyk said...

Cool card for your husbands son. What a shame about the errant stazon on your ruler - good luck with your plan for sorrcting it

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

As this week is not a one layer card, you could cut the front of your card down, removing the offending line, and then remount the remaining part of the front of your card onto a new card blank!
Job done!
It would still be clean and simple!
Your time widget by the way, shows the time it is here in the UK although it says Washington State time! How interesting!
Thanks for joining us again Bernadet!
Chrissie
"Less is more"

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Great CAS card. I love the sentiment it would be very apt for my O.H! I would do the same as Chrissie and cut it down and mount onto black card leaving a small border. Good luck with whatever you do, I will pop back to see what you do.
Love Sheila (Cyprus)

Pauline said...

This is a great, fun and original card.

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous!! I love it when its popped. I really should use my cricut more. you have inspired me :D

Ali x

Gibmiss said...

Hi
This is fab....what a Fabby idea love it ....
hugs
sylvie

Bea said...

very effective card - I really love this cartridge for guys too

Seafield Jo said...

This is a really fun card. Jo x

Sarn said...

Great idea for a male cards especially as it's so apt for someone you know.
Hugs, Sandra

Lynne said...

Great idea for a male card.
Lynne xxx

Suze Bain said...

Super card, how frustrating about the border - I would go with Chrissie's suggestion to salvage it. x

Anonymous said...

A great card for a teenager

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally LOVE graphic cards! I might have to CASE this one - FABULOUS!

Susan said...

Very cool card for your stepson!! It can be salvaged...just cut it down and mat it with black and then layer it on white...a perfect save!

Viv said...

Great idea for a card, yes easy to salvage it too on another card blank :O) Viv xx

Sue said...

A great card for a young man. It's so annoying when these accident's happen, especially when the rest of your card turns out just right. Sue.x

starcyl said...

Such a great card and as has been suggested just chop it off and matt it onto a bit of black, job done. Thanks for the comments you left on my blog and glad you like my mate, he's bit lonely right now as we have just lost his mate of 12 years so he's having to adjust big time.

I see you have your furry friend in place at the head of your blog, could be just about right at home too?
Jenny x

Mandi said...

Hi Bernadet
Oh the smudge, just so annoying! Sure you can rescue it
Thanks for submitting a great CAS card again
mandi
"LEss is More"

Aileen said...

I have this cart too. Love how you've used it and I'm sure you'll be able to rescue your card. x

Jenny said...

I love this card, its got a good graphic feel and perfect for a male recipient too x

Anonymous said...

What a perfect card for a teenager! Love the bold images, and I'd go with Chrissie's advice and cut the front off and mount it on another piece of cardstock. That ink splodge is in a really hard place to fix!

Hugs
Brenda

Jen said...

Great card, I am going to get out my cricut, right now.
jenjoy x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great idea for a male card. Isn't it typical that the smudge happens at the end of making the card! Like Chrissie's solution though.

pickle said...

Such a simple design but yet so effective.. Typical about the smudge, happens to me all the time !

Kerry x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a great idea

Deborah Frings said...

I really like this card, as you say shame about the smudge - but it can be saved as per Chrissie's (and others) suggestion. Super card!

Sylvie said...

Wonderful card
Hug Sylvie x