Friday, January 18, 2013

Science is...

... fun!
AND
... not just for boys!

 FCCB Challenge #144 - It's a Man's World!
Card front.  A2 size card.

Interior.  


First things first - science is great for anyone:  boy, girl, young, old... you name it!  I just needed an all-purpose card to send to my 9 y.o. nephew, and at Christmas we Skyped and he was keen on showing me his new microscope.  The year before I gave him a bunch of "spy kid" gear - so this card is keeping with that science-y theme.  My sister had a chemistry kit when we were kids - I thought it was SO cool.

Secondly, that's not supposed to be a rat or a ferret, but his pet gerbil, Pumpkin!  Well, the cuts really were rats (and REALLY looked like them too) so I tried to adjust them to look more gerbil-y.  See why I love my cricut so much?  I can't be trusted to cut anything!

All cuts:  A Frightful Affair
Cardstock:  Bazzill Basics, Coredinations, K& Co., AC Cardstock, Petersen Arne
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix "Collage"
Designed on my Gypsy.

My nephew and his first furry pet ever:  Pumpkin the Gerbil.
Thanks for stopping by.  I read and appreciate all comments!

2 comments:

xxcalamityxx said...

Fab card and pics thanks for sharing them with us at FCCB this week xhugsx Nikki

Missy said...

This is GREAT, what a cute use of those images! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!